All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus

3 posters

Go down

Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus Empty Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey guys I've been through a lot of hell finding what specie of heterometrus I got

please help me out if there's any active member and experts

Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus 482243_601367309877916_641316069_n
Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus 388_601367323211248_1845815772_n

Last edited by Jackson_Oscillada on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't know how to put pictures properly and I just created my account just an hour earlier)

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus Empty Re: Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus

Post by DolbyR Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Can you get a better picture that shows the granulation on the carapace?
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus Empty Re: Not sure if longimanus or the other heterometrus

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 pm

There you go sir,I edited it... sorry it's my 1st time posting pictures here

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

DolbyR wrote:Can you get a better picture that shows the granulation on the carapace?
I edited the photos sir D:

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:21 am

Anyone who can identify this??? D:

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by DolbyR Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 am

Patience my friend, patience...

Honestly, it is not really possible to give you a reliable ID based on those pictures. There is too much reflection from your flash that doesn't allow us to see what kind of granulation the scorpion has.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 pm

DolbyR wrote:Patience my friend, patience...

Honestly, it is not really possible to give you a reliable ID based on those pictures. There is too much reflection from your flash that doesn't allow us to see what kind of granulation the scorpion has.
It doesn't have any granulation at all to be honest sir,more likely,I've seen someone posted in your Facebook page, H. spinifer,the granulation on its pincers are the same,rather relatively the same

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by DolbyR Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 am

If there is no granulation at all, then it is most likely H. laoticus. This is the only sp. of Heterometrus without granulation of the carapace. Both H. petersii and H. spinifer have some granulation, as does H. longimanus.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:10 am

DolbyR wrote:If there is no granulation at all, then it is most likely H. laoticus. This is the only sp. of Heterometrus without granulation of the carapace. Both H. petersii and H. spinifer have some granulation, as does H. longimanus.
Laoticus? hmmm.... does the pincer of laoticus have granulation? I see a few granulation only at the top portion of its pincer O__o

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:28 am

I agree with DolbyR.
I have some pictures of a H.laoticus chela. I'll try to post it up soon Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson_Oscillada Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:34 pm

GS wrote:I agree with DolbyR.
I have some pictures of a H.laoticus chela. I'll try to post it up soon Smile
thanks Very Happy my unidentified scorpion is somewhat growing to be honest

Jackson_Oscillada
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down