All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby?

+8
voldemort
scorpex1687
TyronSA
Mr.VinnieH
Envyizm
jinjo
ahxean
GS
12 posters

Go down

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Empty What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby?

Post by GS Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Feel free to share your "eureka moment" on how, when and what did you find yourself insanely addicted to that brings you to the Scorpion Hobby.

Both new and experience keepers, please feel free to share. Everyone has their "first time" don't we? Razz

Last edited by GS on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Empty Re: What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby?

Post by ahxean Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm

First of all, i am Scorpio in the Zodiac, and i always wanted to keep them as pet, then until i found GS thread on Multiply, and this insanely dragged me into the hobby. Thank you GS LOL.

I started with AFS, then adding up my collection with Rhopalurus Junceus, Parabuthus Transvaalicus. After that i am addicted to Desert type scorpions.. and now 95% of my collections are Parabuthus and Androctonus species... Very Happy

Last edited by ahxean on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ahxean
ahxean
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Empty Re: What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby?

Post by GS Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:25 pm

You're welcome!

Scorpio.. that might be a clue.. lolz
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Empty ^_^

Post by jinjo Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 pm

I've been fascinated by these creatures ever since i was a little kid. T's and scorps and every insect you can think of. i would spend hours watching Nat Geo, Discovery and Animal Planet. so, after learning that a couple of my colleagues in the new company i was working with were into the hobby, I immediately got myself 2 h. longi's as a start. Now I'm looking forward to get a couple of junceus' and have 4 H.hott's on the way. 

Unfortunately, the wife doesn't like the idea of T's in the house so for now, I'm focusing more on Scorps. Although i've been studying T care and been getting tips from experienced T's and scorps handlers. (Like this forum)

Thanks and more POWER! ASA2

jinjo
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Envyizm Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 am

I really became interested in scorpions when I noticed the way they communicated with each other. The language scorpions use is mostly based on tactile sensation, which gives the observer plenty of different behaviors to watch when they end up crossing paths. Basically, the first time I put a group of forest scorpions together and seen a male judder to a female prior to mating with her I became fascinated with their language. Unfortunately, after tons of passive observation, I still don't have a clue as to what any of it truly means. Razz
Envyizm
Envyizm
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.VinnieH Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 am

My girl and I were going to get a Tarantula, but when she finally got to the pet store and saw one up close she talked her self out of it. 
        So one day when I dropped her off to get a pedicure, I surprised her with my one and only, Bruce. On my side of the argument (she first entered the car and was completely oblivious to it till I gave her the infamous "Guess what I got honey"Twisted Evil ) she has a few cats of which I take care of for her. 
         After she settled down about it, we were set. Just hoping I got things right because I'd like to see him grow bigger. (She's still shaky about him being a big on the larger scale lol)What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Showimage
Mr.VinnieH
Mr.VinnieH
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by TyronSA Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

ahxean wrote:First of all, i am Scorpio in the Zodiac, and i always wanted to keep them as pet, then until i found GS thread on Multiply, and this insanely dragged me into the hobby. Thank you GS LOL.

I started with AFS, then adding up my collection with Rhopalurus Junceus, Parabuthus Transvaalicus. After that i am addicted to Desert type scorpions.. and now 95% of my collections are Parabuthus and Androctonus species... Very Happy
Lol also Scorpio (wonder how many scorpion keepers are scorpio's). Always wanted to keep a scorpion pet. Only have the one FOR NOW P. Transvaalicus. What attracts me to them is the way they attack. Sometimes my scorp actually runs after a cricket and jabs it multiple times like its angry at the cricket for running away.

TyronSA
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpex1687 Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 pm

First and foremost my zodiac is Scorpio which gives an idea to study how this piece of crap behaves little do i know that i realized that im getting in loved with then.Love that  leads to obsession.  I soon acknowledge the uniqueness in each of the scorpions that i have encountered, from the way they look to the very behavior that they have....i remembered the first time i owned one i felt so out of this world because i was literally was having a hard time taking care of my AFS...but this is the reason i was determine to accept the challenge of having a scorpion...it is now my advocacy to literate people specially those who surrounds me that scorpions are very wonderful and their uniqueness can be compared to us... Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

scorpex1687
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by voldemort Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 am

20 kilos ago, when I  first started work after college, I developed a slight case of insomnia. I wanted to use my waking hours productive and chanced upon some information about nocturnal animals. A page tells about scorpions and their being nocturnal. In those days it is very hard to purchase scorpions especially with a purchasing power like mine.

now, I can sleep like a log but my love for these stinging beauties lives. I may be delving in other hobbies but my one true cushion of passion will be my scorpions.

voldemort
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 pm

I had always loved animals, and I still do. I'm really into crustaceans, but as crayfish are very time consuming to keep, I looked for something that wasn't. This wasn't even really a big reason actually. I just was wanting to own pets again and after about a week or something like that, I found out people own scorpions, and since I thought scorpions were interesting, I miraculously convinced my parents to let me get a Pandinus imperator. You should have seen their faces. It turned out to be the worst decision of their life. Nothing can stop me now.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? Empty A scorpions Draw

Post by AndrewLosier Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:08 pm

I to am a Scorpio! I have always been interested with things with claws, lobsters,crabs ie. As a little guy i collected scorpion toys and paper weights with scorps in-cased, i also had a few belt buckles. Then i met a friend in grade 7 whos father had a red knee tarantula, he was the one who opened the door and helped me find somewhere to buy my first real live scorpion. After that being a addictive person and avid collector and someone who just like to to have stuff that no one else has my collection grew! I am just as fascinated with them now as i was then!!!

AndrewLosier
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by shaneshac Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am

Does this answer your question? Simply awesome creatures  Twisted Evil 

What brings you to this Scorpion Hobby? A_a_hector_male_k_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_
shaneshac
shaneshac
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom007 Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:01 am

I had a habbit of walking the desert barefoot at night in the summer until i got a uv light and looked for scorpions on a lark after being reminded they floress (sp) Me and a buddy caught 7 in two nights in a acre space. .... i wear shoes now and have two giant hairy desert scorps coexhisting in a good size enclosure with 5 hides and frequent feeding.
Tom007
Tom007
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down