All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP

2 posters

Go down

Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP Empty Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP

Post by drowsy80 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi! Smile 

Would you other members define U. vittatus as a bark-scorpion? My first U. vittatus died in a short time. Then I got a pair of new ones. New ones are okay. They are living in a commune. They eat well and so on. Now I have a small water dish. I check regularly that they have water and feed them the medium crickets once a week. The problem with my first U. vittatus was that the pet store where I bought first U. vittatus claimed that it is a desert specie and they do not need any water at all. I could not believed that they can have all water from crickets they need. And because I checked the atmosphere where they are from.

So is this message alright here and U. vittatus is it a bark-scorpion or is there some else opinion someone having?
drowsy80
drowsy80
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP Empty Re: Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP

Post by Shadowfoot Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:24 pm

They are indeed an arid species of scorpion. They do best in conditions similar to most desert species, 30-32 degrees celsius with no water except for a small misting on the side of the enclosure once every 2 weeks. These scorpions don't do well in high water and humidity conditions.
Shadowfoot
Shadowfoot
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP Empty Re: Uroplectes vittatus -caresheet ASAP

Post by drowsy80 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks Shadowfoot for your answer. How about lightning? I have a spotlight for them because of high temperature needed. Is it alright? Here the terrarium underlying layer is sand and peat.
drowsy80
drowsy80
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowfoot Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm

No problem.
As long as there are enough hiding places for them to escape the light it should be fine. Also, you don't need the waterbowl to be full all the time, filling it once every two weeks will be good enough.
Shadowfoot
Shadowfoot
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down