All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator)

3 posters

Go down

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) Empty My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator)

Post by EmpScorp Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 am

Hey! Here are a few pictures of my Emperor scorpion (or pandinus imperator if you like), obsidian. I got her in November, and she is a sub-adult and hasn't molted since I got her though, and I've never handled that before, so we'll see how it goes. I still haven't measured her yet Rolling Eyes . Scorpions are my favorite!

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) DSC_0208

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) DSC_0207

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) DSC_0204

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) DSC_0201
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) Empty Re: My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator)

Post by yames Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 am

From the pictures she doesn't appear to be close to molt yet at all so you have plenty of time to figure it out. Which isn't much actually. Keep the temperture around 80 F and the humidity in the ground fairly high and she takes care of the rest herself.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator) Empty Re: My Emperor Scorpion (pandinus imperator)

Post by ShredderEmp Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 am

I agree. Also, her telson color seems to point more to being an adult, meaning she won't molt again.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpScorp Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 pm

ShredderEmp wrote:I agree. Also, her telson color seems to point more to being an adult, meaning she won't molt again.
Actually that's just the weird lighting and flash. Her telson is actually more yellow and she isn't very big, seems a lot smaller than 9 inches.
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 pm

SHe is small because the ones of this species in captivity are from an area where they seem to be smaller. The savannah types seem to max at about 5 inches while the ones deep in the rainforests go all the way up to 8 inches sometimes.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpScorp Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Thanks guys you are probably more right than me about them so thanks for the helpful feedback! I heard that there are two other kinds of scorpions almost identical, like the red claw and the Asian forest. Does she appear to look like either of those types and how do you tell the difference?
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpScorp Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 am

I just measured her and she's about 3 inches from claw a tail. is that normal for an adult?
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:54 am

Its probably a subadult then.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpScorp Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

I just measured her and she's about 3 inches from claw a tail. is that normal for an adult?
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by EmpScorp Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 am

oh sorry my phone said it twice sorry
EmpScorp
EmpScorp
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down