All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Body huge scorpion

2 posters

Go down

Body huge scorpion Empty Body huge scorpion

Post by Eric L Wed May 21, 2014 5:08 am

Hello everyone! 
2011 came into contact with scorpions, today's favorite is the huge size of the type. I offer a few breeding scorpions, I hope you like it.
Body huge scorpion Hetero11
Heterometrus Swammerdami 
Body huge scorpion Hetero12
Heterometrus longimanus Male 7L
Body huge scorpion Hetero13
Heterometrus mysorensis Female 6L
Body huge scorpion Hetero14
Heterometrus xanthopus  Female 6L
Body huge scorpion Pandin10
Pandinus imperator Female 6L

Eric L
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Body huge scorpion Empty Re: Body huge scorpion

Post by GS Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 am

Beautiful specimens! Thanks for sharing.

Can't help to notice that the substrate in the first four pictures are on the dry side, but I believe most of the time moisture level for all your forest scorpions enclosure is similar to what is seen at the last picture? As that's the ideal condition Smile

Eric L wrote:Body huge scorpion Pandin10
Pandinus imperator Female 6L
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric L Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

Thank GS. Because I'm not feeding environment ventilation is limited, so a relatively low humidity control, but I placed a basin to facilitate water. Finally a molt because it increases the humidity. If something wrong please correct me, thank you!

Eric L
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Wed May 21, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Eric,

Having a water dish in your scorpion's tank does help. However, by having the soil in complete dryness and only with a water dish is unhealthy to the scorpion. Such setup will not kill the scorpion immediately but will cause stress to them as their natural habitat is usually moist and humid.

Here's a great setup by Alex for your reference:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t131-how-to-emulate-a-natural-looking-tropical-forest-scorpion-habitat

The soil (substrate) needs to have more water in them. You may pour water directly unto the soil to get the correct moisture content. You can look at the soil condition that your "Pandinus imperator Female 6L" is in, that should be the outlook of the soil. Dark brown and moist to your touch.

Here's a simple caresheet on how I keep my forest scorpions:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t7-asa-forest-scorpions-caresheet

Let me know if you need clarification.
GS
GS
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric L Wed May 21, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi GS, very exciting and full of two Posts, so I learned a lot of knowledge 
My city Beijing, usually from June to September the summer, the temperature in ° C between 25 - 35 ° C, hot and humid. Rearing methods I use environment similar to what you said. But in October - next May, at room temperature are not suitable for farming, and the air humidity began to decline, as shown in Figure I have adopted the way, I will reduce the breeding environment and placed in a wooden box, in order to ensure that the temperature such evils is poor ventilation, so I can not increase the humidity is too high, that is, until you see the rearing environment. Is there a better way to solve this problem of ventilation intensively reared winter, thank you very much! Smile 
Body huge scorpion 112
Summer
Body huge scorpion 210
Spring Autumn and Winter

Eric L
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Fri May 23, 2014 4:36 am

Eric L wrote:Body huge scorpion 210
Spring Autumn and Winter

The "Spring Autum and Winter" setup you shown above might be useful for specimens that require low humidity (e.g. desert scorpions), but it lacking in ventilation, which is important, especially so, for forest scorpions.

To maintain the warm temperature for your scorpions during poor climates such as winter, it will be useful to regulate the temperature of the entire room (that holds all your scorpion enclosures), instead of putting individual enclosures within a wooden cabinet to maintain proper temperature. E.g. having a heater in your room during winter, or turning on the air-con of your bedroom during a hot summer

Another concern of keeping forest scorpions on dry substrate (only providing a water dish) is that, at any period if you forget to replenish the water, the forest scorpion will risk dehydration and death easily. Similar to "putting all our eggs in a single basket".. Once we "drop the ball".. all is gone (the scorpion dies). Hence, I would always recommend keeping the substrate dampen for all forest scorpions.
GS
GS
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric L Wed May 28, 2014 2:46 am

Thank you very much for your advice! I will improve my scorpion breeding environment in order to help them grow.

Eric L
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 am

No prob Eric. Feel free to post your queries. Keep us updated on your critters Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down