All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Another Dutch guy!

Go down

Topic Another Dutch guy!

Post by EmielVrolijk on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Emiel Vrolijk, 22 years old, lead guitarist at Disagreement V8 Rock, amateur writer, poet and avid reader. Other hobbies include tattoos, (hard)rock, partying, cooking, languages, drinking, a bit of philosophy, archery, viking re-enactment and ancient martial arts from Northern Europe. Of course, one of my greatest loves (right after playing the guitar) is keeping exotic pets... especially scorpions.

However, I only own one scorpion as of yet. She's an adult Hetrometrus petersii female. Thanks to her I got into arachnids. I bought her in January, and in April I bought a tarantula (Eupalaestrus campestratus spiderling). I got a freebie Cyriocosmus perezmilesi spiderling along with it. That sparked my temporary "tarantula obsession", so now I have the two T's mentioned, and a Brachypelma smithi juvenile female, an Acanthoscurria geniculata spiderling, and an adult Grammostola pulchra female.

I love my tarantulas, but I found out that I love scorpions more... After some thinking, I contacted some friends and sellers. Near the end of this month I will get 10 Euscorpius sp. from a friend, and I'll order a Rhopalurus junceus pair. I'll probably buy some Liocheles waigiensis juveniles from someone from another forum, and I'll look for a Mesobuthus gibbosus pair, if I can find them.

My other pets are 2 cornsnakes (a 4.5 year old female, and a 1 year old male) 3 quails, my colony of dubia roaches, a bunch of crickets, grasshoppers, and waxworms. Our family pets are 2 dogs, a cat, 4 chickens and a rooster. 

The insect colonies are primarily for my tarantulas and scorpion(s), but I forgot to tell that I don't shy away from eating bugs. In fact: I love eating mealworms, superworms, dubia roaches, redrunners, waxworms, grasshoppers, and crickets.. The bigger bugs get cooked first, but I prefer my mealworms and wax worms alive with soy sauce and lemon juice.

So yeah, that's pretty much it! Any more questions? Feel free to ask! I hope to learn everything there is to know about scorpions here!

Kind regards,

Emiel

EmielVrolijk
Spermatophore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Topic Re: Another Dutch guy!

Post by GS on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:39 am

Hi Emiel,

Welcome to ASA. Thanks for the great intro. Would love to see pictures of your collection some day, and about the bug eating.. seems like a growing 'trend' nowadays.

Feel free to hang around Smile

ASA Forum Rules Scorpion Caresheets: Forest | Bark | Desert
GS
Administrator

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Topic Re: Another Dutch guy!

Post by Shadowfoot on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Welcome to ASA!
Shadowfoot
Scorpion breeder

View user profile