All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iMACHiiiNE online

4 posters

Go down

iMACHiiiNE online Empty iMACHiiiNE online

Post by imachiiine Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 am

hi, my name is iMACHiiiNE. i bought an asian forest scorpion back in march. named him Vader. but i have recently learned that Vader is a female and now a mother. i was unaware she was pregnant this whole time. anyway, i feel terrible and wanna learn more about her and the brood. havent found alot of info online but i see this forum is current so i joined in. Look forward to new friends. Thx
iMACHiiiNE online Brood10

imachiiine
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

iMACHiiiNE online Empty Re: iMACHiiiNE online

Post by yames Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:30 am

Hi there Imachiiine That's a cool little brood you have. Congrats. For the health and well being of your babies I feel the need to point a few things.

1. Your tank seems very dry and your scorpion is a AFS so it requires a more humid environment.Think 70-80 % humidity.
2. Your substrate is coco bark which isn't great at holding humidity and doesn't allow your scorpion to dig a hide. Which she desperately wants to do as it's how they feel safe and secure.
3. I don't see from this picture any way for her to hide from the light of day which scorpions hate. keeping them without a hide is very stressful.
4. I also don't see from this photo a water dish. Your scorpion needs water to live. it doesn't have to be deep or fancy just an open source of water.

Please take a look at this link if you haven't already.
AFS caresheet

I hope this helps and good luck with your babies. and Welcome to ASA.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by imachiiine Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:55 pm

hi Yames. thanks for your input its greatly appreciated! she's actually resting on the water dish and there is a sponge inside holding water, its the dish that came from the store. do you suggest a different kind of dish? i do have a skull (decor) on the right side of the tank she usually hides in. its not a very big tank but i will buy a new one soon. i will so to humidify the tank can i use a spray bottle and mist spray some water or how exactly would i humidify the tank? i'll look at the care sheet too. thanks again!

imachiiine
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by yames Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:06 am

I'm so glad to hear that you have water for her. You don't really need the sponge they drink from open bowls. As long as you see a little puddle of water any bowl dish you use should work fine. If you spray down the substrate a bunch lets say half the tank then partly cover it so the humidity traps it would help. You really don't need a bigger tank unless of course you plan on housing multiple scorpions.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:49 am

Agree with Yames.

Asian forest scorpions are usually very hardy. The very basic requirements are: well dampened coco peat subatrate, warm room temperature and good ventilation for the enclosure.

Gd luck iMachiiine, feel free to ask questions.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Spadix Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 am

Welcome :-)

Vader is a cool Name :-D
Johnny Spadix
Johnny Spadix
Spermatophore