All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fighting asian forest scorpions

3 posters

Go down

fighting asian forest scorpions Empty fighting asian forest scorpions

Post by november Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Heya,

I have a pair of adult Asian Forest Scorpions. They're beautiful and mostly doing okay in their new environment. They did start fighting though. I separated them with a partition for now but I am worried about them injuring each other if I take it away. What can I tell about how likely they are to keep fighting or how severe it might get? Should I keep them partitioned permanently? If it is something 'natural' I don't want to per se interrupt it but if one is likely to die from it I kind of want to keep them apart...

Update: I removed the partition. They were getting over and around it or going underneath anyways (the edges weren't perfect) It seems like their fighting hasn't been too serious - mostly they seem to be warning each other away. It looked scarier than it was. I did separate them once when I was worried something bad might happen, but otherwise they've mostly stayed out of each other's way.

Last edited by november on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

november
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

fighting asian forest scorpions Empty Re: fighting asian forest scorpions

Post by MountainSideGeckos Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:34 pm

you sure it wasn't mating? they will hold on to each other's chelae and move back and forth and occasionally sting when mating.
MountainSideGeckos
MountainSideGeckos
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by november Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:55 am

Not /perfectly/ sure. I was told they were both male, and attempted to ascertain their sex. They both look male. So, I doubt it, but, maybe? Time will tell I suppose. They seem to mostly get along okay now.

november
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by MountainSideGeckos Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:15 am

ahh okay, males might be better if kept seperetly not sure
MountainSideGeckos
MountainSideGeckos
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:43 am

Males belonging to the same Asian forest species shouldn't have an issue living in a communal setup. Of course, provided that the husbandry are kept in ideal condition. What works for me.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down