All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Set-up for my R.junceus

Go down

Topic New Set-up for my R.junceus

Post by Tope on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:15 am

Is this set-up okay for my two 5i R.junceus?

New Set-up for my R.junceus Img_8310

New Set-up for my R.junceus Img_8313

New Set-up for my R.junceus Img_8311

Tope
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Topic Re: New Set-up for my R.junceus

Post by Mr.Invert on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 am

That's a nice setup. I like the layout and noted that you have thoughtfully placed two drinking dish on the substrate.

You might consider using stacked pieces of bark instead of an aquarium wood(not sure it is the correct name) such as this.

Bark scorpions love to hide between tight crevices between solid objects. This gives them a higher sense of security which in turn, reduces possible "stress-level" during captivity.

Plus, it will be good not to underestimate them being true escape artists, as the first picture shows a possible reach to the top.

Overall, good effort Smile

Cheers.
Mr.Invert
Mr.Invert
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tope on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks sir! Really appreciated your comment Smile, well i better make a few changes. oh and by the way! thanks for reminding me about the " escapes "!

Tope
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Invert on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 pm

No prob. Post some pictures to share after the revamp of your enclosure Smile
Mr.Invert
Mr.Invert
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by IanC on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

You may want to use a small smear petroleum jelly in the corners of the aquarium they may get a foot hold on silicone sealant joints. Smile
IanC
IanC
Spermatophore

http://chriz09.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Envyizm on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:09 am

Mr.Invert wrote:That's a nice setup. I like the layout and noted that you have thoughtfully placed two drinking dish on the substrate.

You might consider using stacked pieces of bark instead of an aquarium wood(not sure it is the correct name) such as this.

Bark scorpions love to hide between tight crevices between solid objects. This gives them a higher sense of security which in turn, reduces possible "stress-level" during captivity.

Plus, it will be good not to underestimate them being true escape artists, as the first picture shows a possible reach to the top.

Overall, good effort Smile

Cheers.

I'd second these ideas. I'd get a secure top as well as some cork bark you can lay parallel to each other so the Rhopals can hide in between the pieces. They seem to like having the option to hide in between the bark and I've had great success with this species doing so.
Envyizm
Envyizm
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum