All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!!,

Go down

Topic Help!!!,

Post by elake on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Would any of these be good for me as a.beginner?!!

Desert hairy scorp?
Striped scorp?
Bark scorp?

Please let me know

elake
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Topic Re: Help!!!,

Post by ShredderEmp on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:52 am

Hadrurus arizonensis and Hoffmannius spinigerus are both good starter species. What species of bark scorpions are you looking at? There are a ton of species.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by elake on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:55 am

Okay

Im not sure of the bark

The guy lives in arizona

elake
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 am

If its an Arizona Bark Scorpion or Centruroides sculpturatus, don't get it. They are not a beginner species as they have killed people. When you have enough experience with scorpions then you can move up.

Last edited by ShredderEmp on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by yames on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 am

Hadrurus Arizonensis is a wonderful starter species but as a mature adult you can decide for yourself on any species. All scorpions are venomous and handling them by hand/or other wise stresses them out to some extent so with a hands off starting point you will always be fine.

If you want to breed and watch mating and young scorpion behavior I would recommend the bark scorpions as Desert Hairy's are difficult to mate and keep babies alive. More information on what I mean by that can be found by searching our form.

I would say look through the forum here start with Jungle/forest section. Then look at bark species and finally desert. Decide the type of habitat you would most enjoy and be able to take care of properly. Once you pick the environment take a look through all the picture posts and find one with the correct level of venom and appearance for your own tastes. Then buy that one.

Or make the short list of available species and do a search to educate yourself. Choose the one that appeals to you the most after doing that.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum