All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.?

3 posters

Go down

Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.? Empty Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.?

Post by vimreen Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey there everyone,

I have 3 HH (3instar) i have doubts on certain things:

1. Is it important that i place a water dish for them or do i not need to do so? 
2. How often should I feed them at this stage (3instar)?
3. I keep my scorpions in my room so is okay to leave my scorpions at room temperature and humidity? I'm from Malaysia..
4. Do I have to provide them with a hiding place? because when I do they seldom use it anyway.

It would be great to get some help on these doubts I have..Thanks..

vimreen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.? Empty Re: Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.?

Post by GS Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks ShredderEmp.

Hi Vimreen,

Water dish is not required for 3.instar Hottentotta hottentotta, occasional mist at one side of the enclosure's wall should suffice.

It's mainly because if we are not careful (e.g. using an oversized dish filled with "excess" water) , such early instars could get drowned easily.

Room temperature in tropical countries such as Malaysia/Philippines is ideal for breeding scorpions (if there is no drastic climate change in the coming years), so not to worry, you can keep them in your room. Just make sure your tanks are escape-proof Smile

For hiding place and other concerns, you may check out:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t4-asa-desert-scorpions-caresheet

If you have further queries, feel free to ask Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.? Empty Re: Is it necessary to place water dish for hottentotta hottentotta sp.?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down