All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum!

4 posters

Go down

My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum! Empty My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum!

Post by Thanwan Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 am

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty glad that i actually found this forum.. I have a green bottle scorpion ( as far as the name goes ), i found this beautiful scorpion during a fishing trip.. Apparently it was trying to cross a busy road, which would mean not surviving.. Alright, so i brought it home, checked online on the habitat and decided to get a tank, some coco bedding and water of course.. I feed it with crickets (10) once a week, cause it doesn't eat more than 10 a week.. It's very cool and sometimes it climbs the tank.. Here it goes, two days back it has given birth to around 30-35 beautiful scorpions!! I was nuts when i saw those white scorpions.. affraid

I don't know what to do and how to even take better care of them..

Any advice on bedding / food / temperature for these newborns?
it would be highly appreciated.. Thank you so much in advance!! cheers

Thanwan
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum! Empty Re: My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum!

Post by DolbyR Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:59 am

Welcome to the forum Wan!

I don't know what exactly do you call a "green bottle scorpion", common names are usually not always very clear. Do you know the latin name for this scorpion?

If you are not sure, you may open a topic at the Scorpion ID section.

As for your main concerns, you may want to take a look at HOW TO Guide to Feeding Young scorpions by GS.

Have the scorpion young dismounted the mother's back yet?
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum! Empty Re: My name is WaN, i'm from Malaysia and i'm glad i found this forum!

Post by GS Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:21 am

Same sentiment as DolbyR.

I almost thought i read green bottle "blue"tarantula... lolz

Anyway, Welcome to the forum Wan!
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakudo Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Wan!
Shakudo
Shakudo
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanwan Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm

DolbyR wrote:Welcome to the forum Wan!

I don't know what exactly do you call a "green bottle scorpion", common names are usually not always very clear. Do you know the latin name for this scorpion?

As for your main concerns, you may want to take a look at HOW TO Guide to Feeding Young scorpions by GS.

I tried finding to match my scorpion's desc but its the same name i get.. It's a dark green in color and it's about 5 inches by 4 inches in size..

Only a few young have dismounted off the mother's back and started to crawl around, a lot more are still on it with minimal movements

That was a great read on the feeding, i will post some pictures if possible to show the scorpion young..

Just one curiosity here, i just think that this is a virgin birth condition, cause my scorpion was in captive for several months already What a Face

Thanwan
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanwan Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm

DolbyR wrote:Welcome to the forum Wan!

I tried finding to match my scorpion's desc but its the same name i get.. It's a dark green in color and it's about 5 inches by 4 inches in size..

Only a few young have dismounted off the mother's back and started to crawl around, a lot more are still on it with minimal movements

That was a great read on the feeding, i will post some pictures if possible to show the scorpion young..

Just one curiosity here, i just think that this is a virgin birth condition, cause my scorpion was in captive for several months already What a Face

Thanwan
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanwan Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:46 pm

GS wrote:Same sentiment as DolbyR.

I almost thought i read green bottle "blue"tarantula... lolz

Anyway, Welcome to the forum Wan!

Thank you bounce

Thanwan
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanwan Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Shakudo wrote:Welcome to the forum Wan!

Thank you Smile

edit:Please read the rules:
Making a post - If you have something to add within 30 minutes of your previous post, and there are no replies, use the Edit button.

Regards, Team ASA

Thanwan
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down