All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New daddy

3 posters

Go down

New daddy Empty New daddy

Post by Caminokid1968 Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:54 am

Hello; my name is Joe I'm from Baltimore Maryland and have just started getting into scorpions and tarantula's since oct. 2012. Now I own 22 T's and three scorpions until about a week ago the last scorpion I purchased a Heterometrus indus, she had some extra baggage so now my collection just went from three to over twenty?? I'm going to need a little help on care. I've tried to feed mom while baby's are on back she wants nothing to do with it (cricket). Would like to add a photo but don't see an section to add photo??

Caminokid1968
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

New daddy Empty Re: New daddy

Post by yames Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:20 pm

A mother scorpions feed instincts are naturally suppressed while her babies are in the 1i just after birth. She usually won't feed until they molt into 2i and start leaving her back on their own.

If you are worried that she may snack on some of them try head crushing a cricket and leaving it at the entrance to her burrow. If it's still there the next day remove it and throw it away. You can try that same method again a few days later.

It should take your babies 10-14 days to molt and start wandering around off moms back.

Take some pictures and start a new thread for your experience in the forest scorpion area. I'm sure we'd all love to see some cool pics.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum we hope you find it informational and fun.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by Caminokid1968 Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks I tried posting pics from my phone for some reason wouldn't let me.

Caminokid1968
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by yames Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:52 am

I'm not sure what to tell you. I always just host images then insert the copy and pasted tag. They are the first and second buttons on this type in box in the same group as the you tube tag. I hope that helps?
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

yames wrote:A mother scorpions feed instincts are naturally suppressed while her babies are in the 1i just after birth. She usually won't feed until they molt into 2i and start leaving her back on their own.

If you are worried that she may snack on some of them try head crushing a cricket and leaving it at the entrance to her burrow. If it's still there the next day remove it and throw it away. You can try that same method again a few days later.

It should take your babies 10-14 days to molt and start wandering around off moms back.

Take some pictures and start a new thread for your experience in the forest scorpion area. I'm sure we'd all love to see some cool pics.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum we hope you find it informational and fun.
+1

For posting of pictures, you may check out DolbyR's guide:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t160-how-to-post-pictures-and-videos-at-asa-forums

Welcome to the forum Joe Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum