All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding

3 posters

Go down

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Empty Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding

Post by yames Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:07 am

Once I had a male I bred my original Lq to try to get another generation going. I paired her with my male on September 12, 2013. There was a spermatophore successfully placed. She began to look gravid approximately one month later. On November 8,2013 she dropped here clutch it contained 42 unfertilized eggs and 5 1i slings. No attempt was made by her to allow them on her back and I removed them from the pile of eggs she had pushed out from under her scrape. I then incubated the 5 survivors in a hybrid incubator I had found on a German site. I wish I could reference it because the claim was that it had been %100 successful whereas our wet paper towel system has not been as perfect. 2 days later on November 10, 2013 all 5 successfully molted into 2i.

Here are all the pictures.
Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding New_sc15

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding New_sc16

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding New_sc17

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding New_sc18
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Empty Re: Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding

Post by ShredderEmp Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 am

That sucks, but at least you got some young out of it. What was the incubator method?
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Empty Re: Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding

Post by yames Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:05 am

Sorry I guess I should show it. So it's a small project. You basically want a small amount of clean water then a screen up from it and a lid for the whole thing with no way for the babies to fall into the water. I hot glued in a circle of screening to one of my regular deli cups to make this.

Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Incuba10
Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Incuba11
I put the scorpion on the screen then put the lid on and near one of my heat lamps. The humidity obviously spike up to %100 and the temp would have been high 80's. They molted in 2 days.

This method proved %100 successful with 5 specimen. In the past I used a deli cup with damp paper towel and saw around %50 success. More trials will obviously be done should I have more abandoned 1i scorpions but so far the claims of this method being superior seem accurate to me.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Did you put a paper towl on the screen?
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by yames Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I used a small piece to heard the 5 onto and it went in too. But you don't need to apparently. I think I also over filled my water reservoir so having that little absorbing layer in case I bumped it too hard seemed like a good idea. Next time I'd only put a quarter inch of water or less in the bottom.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by tfleming Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm

So, how are the remaining 5 doing now? Great write up BTW!
tfleming
tfleming
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by yames Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 pm

All 5 are living communally right now. Since they only molted 2 days ago I figure I won't be trying to feed them until the 14th at the soonest. But I will be taking some pictures then to post up.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by yames Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:08 pm

I didn't end up taking may pictures because I made the mistake of breeding all my other females around the same time too. I ended up with this.Leiurus quinquestriatus 2nd breeding Scorpi11
That's over 140 Leiurus quinquestriatus slings so I lost track of taking pictures of 5 individual specimen.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by tfleming Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 am

Wow, in a way that's kool.
tfleming
tfleming
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down