All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whassup from Borneo

4 posters

Go down

Whassup from Borneo Empty Whassup from Borneo

Post by LXDNG79 Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Whassup Fellas (and Ladies), I'm Alex
Whassup from Borneo CompositMe_zps197f338a
I'm a semi-retired musician and scorpion/snake/venom enthusiast with a specialized interest in arachnology, herpertology, evolutionary biology and tropical ecology... I studied music and became a semi-professional drummer in Kuala Lumpur which means, I teach drum lessons during the day and session for various ensembles on occasion.
Whassup from Borneo MeandMusic_zps83213d76

I've kept scorpions since I was 9 years old, flipping logs and rocks in forest areas around the city and in remote rural places. Back then, there where few internet resources where available on their keeping as a hobby... I remember finding many species of arachnids/invertebrates including whip scorpions, tarantulas, centipedes most of which I'm still trying to accurately identify today
Whassup from Borneo MyBackyard_zpsae536623
In 2010, I left KL and my music "career" and came back to my hometown Kuching, Sarawak where I still play and teach some music in the local scene here and there... and where I feel blessed to still be able to find some really awesome species relatively easily and virtually in my own backyard.

I currently keep a collection of snakes, scorpions, centipedes and other reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates I find interesting.
Whassup from Borneo MyDomainX_zpsd8edf7bb
Thank You GS for Inviting me to this forum, I look forward to reading everyone's posts and contributing whatever I can to this forum...

As Always, Cheers, Best Regards, and May the Force be with you all.... "We Are the Swarm!!!" Very Happy
LXDNG79
LXDNG79
Scorpion researcher

Back to top Go down

Whassup from Borneo Empty Re: Whassup from Borneo

Post by DolbyR Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Welcome onboard Alex. It's truly great to have both you and your legendary articles here.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Post by LXDNG79 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

It is an honor to be part of this forum with you and GS... I'm a big fan of both your 'works'.... Thanks to both of you, we have images and footage of scorpions and scorpion behavior that even real Arachnologist/experts pay little attention too... Courtship behavior of unique species and images that spark fascination as much as they stagger the imagination with explicit detail... My hats off to both of you! [worship emote]

Cheers and best regards!!!
LXDNG79
LXDNG79
Scorpion researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liocheles Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:46 am

Welcome on board sifu! cheers
Liocheles
Liocheles
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 am

DolbyR wrote:Welcome onboard Alex. It's truly great to have both you and your legendary articles here.
+1 Very Happy

LXDNG79 wrote:It is an honor to be part of this forum with you and GS... I'm a big fan of both your 'works'.... Thanks to both of you, we have images and footage of scorpions and scorpion behavior that even real Arachnologist/experts pay little attention too... Courtship behavior of unique species and images that spark fascination as much as they stagger the imagination with explicit detail... My hats off to both of you! [worship emote]

Cheers and best regards!!!

Thanks for your compliment Alex. It's GREAT to have you in the hobby Very Happy
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: