All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure

5 posters

Go down

H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure Empty H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure

Post by TaylorC Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:02 pm

So I recently bought a desert hairy. I was hoping she would be full size but I think she has one molt left and is in premolt right now. After researching that a false bottom is your best bet for a successful molt, i went into action working on a enclosure!
[img]H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure 2s7dulz[/img]
Trying to rush drying the layers as fast as possible so I have 2 heat lamps a heater and a fan on it. This is after the first layer
[img]H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure Bgbm8p[/img]
Here is a good side view of the back. For my false bottom I had a plastic rectangle about an inch high just long enough to fit in the tank. Filled it with aquarium rocks and then I have 3 wooden dowels just long enough to poke out of the top, wrapped with cloth and stuck inside the rocks. Then the top is felt like fabric that transfers water well and the dowels with cloth are poking out a little from it. Hope it works!
H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure B4zxj4
Back view with 2nd layer of sand in. At this moment just waiting on the 3rd layer to dry then putting one more layer down then setting it up! Will have video of transfer and view of finished cage hopefully tonight!

TaylorC
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure Empty Re: H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure

Post by DolbyR Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 am

Looking good. Just make sure that when the false bottom is working, the top layers should still be bone dry. Humidity should be available only deeper down.
The higher the substrate level is, the easier it will be to achieve the proper effect.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure Empty Re: H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure

Post by shebeen Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Why didn't you just use a fill tube?
shebeen
shebeen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by TaylorC Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 am

From what I had read best and most successful way to get a molt from H. Arizonesis was a false bottom. She is in it now and absolutely loving the digging space. Here is a pic of her just put in the enclosure [img]H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure K15sec[/img]
And here is her burrow entrance. The false bottom funnel is normal covered by a rock and so is her burrow hole. Very tiny peephole on the side of the tank and i can see she is about 2 inches down. Right above the false bottom.
[img]H. Arizonesis new False Bottom enclosure 2zoghg6[/img]

TaylorC
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by shebeen Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I misunderstood your use of the towel wrapped dowels. At first, it sounded like you were using them to fill the false bottom. I get it now.
shebeen
shebeen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Cylon-Raider Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:16 pm

shebeen wrote:I misunderstood your use of the towel wrapped dowels. At first, it sounded like you were using them to fill the false bottom. I get it now.

I still don't understand how this a false bottom to be honest.
Cylon-Raider
Cylon-Raider
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Not the typical looking one i guess Smile
As long as it does the job, shouldn't be a prob.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum