All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts!

+2
ShredderEmp
bjaeger
6 posters

Go down

[SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts! Empty [SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts!

Post by bjaeger Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:03 am

this is something i found a couple years ago on arachnoboards. it keeps track of your invertebrates. very useful tool. it has tons of species.

http://www.arachnorecord.com
[SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts! 3fUWF

if some interest is gained, i may develop some software as well Wink

bjaeger
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

[SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts! Empty Re: [SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts!

Post by ShredderEmp Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 am

Thanks!
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

[SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts! Empty Re: [SOFTWARE] Arachnorecord - Keep track of your inverts!

Post by ahxean Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 am

nice.. lucky this person is a software developer and also a exotic pets keeper.. Very Happy
ahxean
ahxean
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by bjaeger Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:57 am

its always helpful Very Happy

i want to build a program that logs info like this one, but built to my specifics. i don't really know how i'm going to lay everything out yet.

if anyone has any thoughts on this, feel free to PM me Smile

bjaeger
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Recently it has stopped working for me. It takes like a half an hour to complete the page that the picture shows, and then I can't do anything with it. Any solutions? I have to add a molt and 2 names but it won't let me.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by bjaeger Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:01 pm

i have no idea what could cause it not to work correctly. maybe you could try running it as an administrator or in a different compatibility mode? i'm not sure if either of those will work but you can give it a shot.

i've been wanting to develop my own software for keeping track of scorps/T's but i don't have much planned out in my head for it. and also i've only made one application so far, so my experience is about average. i know i can do pretty much anything, its just how it all maps out being the problem and how everything is stored. i really want to combine an app with MySQL or even make an online one with PHP.

bjaeger
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 pm

It's good to have some hard copies as backup at regular intervals.

We'll never know when our gadgets decide to die on us Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:52 pm

That's why I made an Exel thing.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:06 pm

That's what I did as well, tll it get's too troublesome to update all of my critters.

So it's pen + hardcopy by their individual enclosures.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:42 am

Haha.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by DolbyR Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 am

GS wrote:That's what I did as well, tll it get's too troublesome to update all of my critters.

So it's pen + hardcopy by their individual enclosures.
Same here. Started with excel, went briefly through "Exotic Keepers' Record" and a pen and notebook for feedings. Nowadays I only keep track of pairings, broods and molts using lable stickers and a marker directly on each enclosure/deli.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Post by High Lord Dee Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 am

Just downloaded the Arachnorecord software.  Will play around with it tomorrow.  Thanks!
High Lord Dee
High Lord Dee
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down