All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair

3 posters

Go down

Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair Empty Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair

Post by Spiggen Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 am

Yo guys. I've seen some pictures and movies on the webb for a while now, where people actually seem to keep Androctonus, and Parabuthus species as a pair (2 in the same enclosure). Some are feeding videos, so it has to be for more than just mating, right? This idea is intriguing to me, so I'm just curious of what you guys have experienced doing the same thing, and if there is a spp. going particularly well in doing this, which is it? Thanks for taking your time!

BTW, I'm new on the forum, looking forward to talk to you all : )
Spiggen
Spiggen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair Empty Re: Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair

Post by tfleming Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 pm

First let me welcome you to the forum, we hope you enjoy your stay. As for keeping different species in the same enclosure, I don't think it's a good idea. Sooner or later they will encounter each other and "only the strong survive". As for mating, I don't think it will work either. just my humble opinion.
tfleming
tfleming
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair Empty Re: Androctonus/Parabuthus spp. as a pair

Post by Spiggen Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks mate, I sure will! Oh, sorry for not being clear enought. What I meant was 2 individuals from the same specie, Androctonus and Parabuthus spp. whas just examples of what I saw. I guess it's 1.1 or 0.2 they keep like this.
Spiggen
Spiggen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:00 pm

tfleming wrote:..for keeping different species in the same enclosure, I don't think it's a good idea. Sooner or later they will encounter each other and "only the strong survive". As for mating, I don't think it will work either. just my humble opinion.
+1

Spiggen wrote:Thanks mate, I sure will! Oh, sorry for not being clear enough. What I meant was 2 individuals from the same specie, Androctonus and Parabuthus spp. whas just examples of what I saw. I guess it's 1.1 or 0.2 they keep like this.

Ahh... you mean communal setups of 2 or more scorpions of the same species living together?

Yes, it's more than just for mating and it's definitely awesome to see success in your own communal setups. For attempts of keeping Androctonus and Parabuthus spp communally, (in my experience) success rates are typically higher for adults in either 1.1 (one male and one female) or 1.2 (one male and two females) setups. Several factors affecting the success rate of such communal setups  e.g. general husbandry of how they are being kept.. feeding schedule.... size of enclosure.. availability of hides.. whether if any of the females are gravid(pregnant) etc..

As you might have already heard of this.. "Scorpions are communal until they are not"

Nothing is definite.

Attempt this only if you have considered and willing to accept the risk of cannibalism, for the sake of observation and learning purposes Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiggen Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you GS, very helpful answer! I'll definitely consider this as I have 3 A. mauritanicus on the way to adulthood. Just have to wait some months, and sex them before I can eventually try this out Very Happy
Spiggen
Spiggen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:01 am

Anytime Spiggen.

What instar are they at now? Keep us updated with pictures if possible Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiggen Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 am

I'm not sure as I got them a couple of months ago, but I recon 2 of them are i3 and 1 of them are i4 Smile They are all eating well and doing fine, so I hope to get some very nice adult specimen!
Spiggen
Spiggen
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down