All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus)

4 posters

Go down

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Empty Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus)

Post by coolswitch Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 am

Hi Guys,

Just need some help to confirm if she is gravid or just in premolt... 

- she was mated between may and June of 2013. I have a friend who has a ptrans which was mated 2 wks after I got mine mated, and his already popped few days ago

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) 13786110
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Empty Re: Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus)

Post by coolswitch Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:46 am

Here's some additional pics if it will help

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Ptrans10Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Ptrans11
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Empty Re: Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus)

Post by GS Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 am

Hi,

For Parabuthus transvaalicus, embryos are usually visible at the final gestation period of a gravid female specimen. I can't see embryos from the pictures above, but it does not mean that she is not gravid Smile It could be due to the angle of the shots, or the lighting.

Here's some pictures for your reference.

Pre-molt:
Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Premolt_Desert_Scorpion_by_GSscorpions82_221111_pic2

Visibility of embryos of a gravid Parabuthus transvaalicus:
Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Parabuthus_transvaalicus_by_GS_240213_pic2

Measurement of an 8.instar:
Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Parabuthus_transvaalicus_by_GS_240213_pic1

More details at [HOW TO] Tell if your Scorpion is Gravid:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t15-how-to-tell-if-your-scorpion-is-gravid

You mentioned that your pair were "mated between may and June of 2013". Was it a communal setup for the pair, or was it a mate and separate till the next "mating session"?
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi GS,

Thanks for the reply. I did check out the thread on how to tell if it's gravid, it's just that I may not be experienced to tell if what I'm already looking at is a possible embryo

it was not a communal setup, it was a mate and go Smile
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Dsc_3910
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm

How many mating session took place? Over an interval (duration) between each "session"? With the same male or?
GS
GS
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am

2x-3x total sessions, once every 6-7 days, if I recall correctly, for a total of 2 wks

Same male
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 am

Is this it or not?

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Dsc_4112
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Looks like an embryo!
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:38 am

This scorp is now really starting to confuse me   confused  confused  confused 

It seems to accept the attempt, along the way it becomes aggressive and reluctant, then goes back to being submissive again

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Gedc0010
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbows Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:05 pm

If you think shes gravid, shouldn't you remove the male from the same tank as her now? keep them separated so the male doesn't stress her out?
Rainbows
Rainbows
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by coolswitch Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:18 am

I dunno what to think of it anymore Very Happy well I guess it's just a wait and see game, now.

If she's gravid and pops, great

if not, molts, then she would be my first 8i Very Happy

but I prefer she's gravid.... cheers everyone
coolswitch
coolswitch
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:05 am

coolswitch wrote:Is this it or not?

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Dsc_4112

From this image, it doesn't look like embryo(s).

coolswitch wrote:This scorp is now really starting to confuse me   confused  confused  confused 

It seems to accept the attempt, along the way it becomes aggressive and reluctant, then goes back to being submissive again

Gravid or PreMolt to 8i (Parabuthus Transvaalicus) Gedc0010

They do that sometimes.. just like humans actually.. lolz

Rainbows wrote:If you think shes gravid, shouldn't you remove the male from the same tank as her now? keep them separated so the male doesn't stress her out?

Good point. Safer that way if we are almost sure of her being gravid.

coolswitch wrote:I dunno what to think of it anymore Very Happy well I guess it's just a wait and see game, now.

If she's gravid and pops, great

if not, molts, then she would be my first 8i Very Happy

but I prefer she's gravid.... cheers everyone

I have experience on waiting for 16 months.. only to find a huge pile of undeveloped embryos. While another smaller female gives birth to almost 80 scorplings in just 9-10 months.

Yeah, sometimes they really like to surprise us(keepers) when we least expect it to happen. Healthy specimens are indeed a comfort. Regardless they are "baby making machines" or not Smile

Good luck!
GS
GS
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down