All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scorpion species interbreeding ?

3 posters

Go down

scorpion species interbreeding ? Empty scorpion species interbreeding ?

Post by shifty physco Thu May 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi i am new to the site and new to scorpions, i have a P. Imperator , and what i believe is a H. Spinifer. i ordered a male emp but they sent me the maylasian and they did not even offer that species on there web site, but they are very friendly and working with me to get things as they should be. i wanted a male emp to start my own colony. when i put the H. Spinifer in the tank with the female emp he went directly to her around tank decor and all as if he just new right where she was, i'm using a 30gal tank by the way. he got to her and they locked claws and walked back and forth for a bit she did not seem to care for this but at the same time it did not freak her out either , i'm not sure but she may have been gravid when i bought her. Are there documented cases of scorpion species interbreeding? i know some snakes and mammals will. so will some scorps? also my scorps, junebug and mr. miyagi seem to like one anothers company as they are side by side or on top one another almost all the time. thanks and as soon as i figure out how i will post pics. Laughing

shifty physco
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

scorpion species interbreeding ? Empty Re: scorpion species interbreeding ?

Post by GS Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:01 am

Haven't heard of successful cases of inter-species breeding in scorpions. Either deliberate or unintentional.

Personally, I do not recommend it, and I think it is important to get a positive verification on the species before breeding attempts or for communal housing.

Some pictures of the specimens you were referring too would be useful before I can comment further Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowfoot Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Most people would recommend against crossing different species, just look at all the hybrids that are found in the Tarantula and Cockroach hobby and you will understand why it's not a good idea. It's always better to keep the bloodlines clean in the hobby.
Shadowfoot
Shadowfoot
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Post by shifty physco Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks those are some very good points i had not thought of. Shortly after posting the topic i did indeed separate the two.  Very Happy

shifty physco
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down