All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H. Judaicus had babies!!

4 posters

Go down

H. Judaicus had babies!! Empty H. Judaicus had babies!!

Post by exocet77 Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:11 am

Just took a look in my tank and found a great surprise! A back full of babies!!

So I have know idea how to care for her and the babies. I'm fairly new to the hobby to begin with.

There is currently 5 scorpions total in my setup. Should I take the mother out and put her somewhere else. She has been battling it out with the other scorpions. There's no way I can gaurentee she is feeding as well. 

Advice??

H. Judaicus had babies!! IMG_0365_zps34acb1cc

exocet77
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

H. Judaicus had babies!! Empty congrats

Post by shifty physco Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

First off, congratulations on the new babies! They are a healthy looking bunch of little buggers. As for what to do from here on out i would leave the mother scorp in the tank, and remove the other scorps to help keep her stress low. Other than that i am sorry that i don't have more info for you, but like i said i'm no expert and, i don't want to give you bad advice. If it were me I would just go online and do some research on your species of scorp to find out what temps, and humidity they need to thrive. Congrats again! Smile  It is always nice to see little ones.

shifty physco
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

H. Judaicus had babies!! Empty Re: H. Judaicus had babies!!

Post by GS Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

Congrats exocet77! That's one lovely brood you have there Smile

Shifty physco had good consideration about keeping the stress level low.

My personal view: It could be easier to move the scorpion mum to an isolated "brooding enclosure" as compared to moving four other scorpions which were staying in the current tank. Reason being, during the attempt to shift the other 'residents', they are also possibilities that they might run straight into to the scorpion mum (while trying to run away from you) This could also cause stress. Also, as seen from the picture, I would be wary of the "Giant" rock slates which might not be "baby friendly" when the 2 .instars starts to dismount from their mom's back. If you decide to remove the 4 other scorpions, I will suggest you to remove these slates as well.

If you decide to move the scorpion mum, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Prepare a simple brooding enclosure and place it right beside the current tank (to reduce the transport distance)
2. While the scorpion mum is on a large piece of slate, gentle and firmly remove the whole "platform" into the brooding enclosure. Well this action will most likely better executed with hands and not tongs, for the good grip. Wear gloves if you feel safer.

Some related caresheets for your information:

http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t4-asa-desert-and-xeric-shrubland-scorpions-caresheet

http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t11-how-to-guide-to-feeding-young-scorpions

Feel free to let us know if you have more queries.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by DolbyR Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Congratz on the brood. And don't forget to come back with updates Smile
)
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down