All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centruroides nigrescens breeding project.

4 posters

Go down

Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. Empty Centruroides nigrescens breeding project.

Post by Scorpion19981000 Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:11 am

Hey guys.

I haven't really posted anything on this forum, so I figured I might as well share something. Wink Some of you may have seen this already.

Anyway I ordered a breeding pair of C. nigrescens and a couple Lychas mucronatus slings to be thrown in for free from Vixvy a while back. I received the pair, along with seven free scorps: three A. bicolor slings, one L. mucronatus (one was DOA) and three H. hottentotta back on July 2nd.

This was literally within seconds of putting them in the tank:

Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. 100E2838
Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. 100_2836
Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. 100E2845
Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. 100E2846

Unfortunately the mating was interrupted by me clumsily putting the lid back on. Embarassed 
In my defense at the moment I was also frantically scrambling for extra containers for the six surprise scorpions Vixvy sent me. therefore I had to put the lid on as I wouldn't have been able to keep an eye on them. Of course, it probably wouldn't have disturbed them too much if I hadn't clumsily smacked the lid into the side of the tank in the process of putting it on. Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. Icon_razz

I didn't witness a successful mating or see any spermatophores until I walked into my room on August 3rd at 4:00 in the morning (I'm a practiced insomniac Wink) and I witnessed a successful mating.
Scorpion19981000
Scorpion19981000
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. Empty Re: Centruroides nigrescens breeding project.

Post by yames Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Great capture for the intense moment you got yourself into. Thanks for sharing.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Centruroides nigrescens breeding project. Empty Re: Centruroides nigrescens breeding project.

Post by iamsol Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:38 pm

how do you distinguish if your nigrescens is a male or a female?

iamsol
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpion19981000 Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Males are comparatively smaller and more slender, while females are larger and more bulky. The male's metasomal segments are also noticeably more elongated.
Scorpion19981000
Scorpion19981000
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Pipa Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:34 am

Man I wish I can find these in the states!!

Pipa
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down