All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed?

4 posters

Go down

Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed? Empty Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed?

Post by dennykelley1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:24 pm

I for sure have two females, and one male. I introduced the male into the setup yesterday and they really don't do much, except climb on each other. Any ideas of why they haven't paired up yet?

dennykelley1
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed? Empty Re: Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed?

Post by ShredderEmp Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 pm

What species are they? Do you know if they are properly sexed? Pictures would also help.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed? Empty Re: Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed?

Post by yames Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm in the same boat as shreddie. Did you buy them from a dealer sexed? Have you sexed them yourself? I'm sorry if my questions seem insulting it's just that I don't know you or how well you know your scorpions. Knowing the specifics of the species would help other who have experience with them to let you know how it worked in there breeding projects.

Also scorpions are sneaky little buggers. Maybe they just didn't want to perform while you watched.
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Post by dennykelley1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Ok well an update. What I do know about Striped Bark Scorpions is when you sit a male and a female side by side, it's easy to tell. Female, Shorter Tail and Fatter. Male is Slender with a Long tail. I woke up earlier only to find them laying together on a branch in a "Ying Yang" pattern..

Is this a good thing?

dennykelley1
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Striped Bark Scorpion usually means Centruroides vittatus. You are right on the sexing part. If you put them in and left, it probably happened while you weren't looking.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by dennykelley1 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:05 am

Is this what I should be looking for?Wondering why my Male/Female Bark Scorpions wont breed? Wefwe_zpsb00919a6

dennykelley1
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:16 am

No. That is just normal behavior. if you look up scorpins mating on youtube, you will see what happens.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Agree with the peeps above.

There can be a few reasons.. some of them might be:

1. They probably mate without in your absence, reason you can't find any spermatophore it's because it has been swept away and buried in the substrate, or the male has decided to make a snack out of it

2. The female is already gravid

3. Either one or both of the specimens are not sexually mature yet

That's a definitely pair you have there. I'll say, keep them well-fed and hydrated and offer a few hiding places. Who knows you'll be getting some bark babies in time Smile

A simple caresheet on how I kept my barks:
http://www.allscorpionarchives.com/t8-asa-bark-scorpions-caresheet

Some examples of bark scorpion mating:

GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down