All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humidity in my desert enclosures

4 posters

Go down

Humidity in my desert enclosures Empty Humidity in my desert enclosures

Post by yames Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 am

I've been running my probes into my leiurus quinquestriatus, Hadrurus arizonensis and Parabuthus liosoma tanks and I'm finding the humidity to be down as low as %20 because of my IR lamps. I don't want to mist as I'm worried about mycosis so I've been providing them with a water cap over night about once a month. I'm worried that at RH as low as %20 and temps in the 80's it may evaporate the cap before they even find it. In searching the net I've found only terrible advice claiming I should keep the RH as high as 70% for my Lq.

So I guess what I'm asking for a specific RH % and temp 'F to aim for in each specimen. What has proven successful for you all? How do you maintain a decent RH while providing plenty of ventilation to avoid mycosis and plenty of 80 ' F temps?
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

Humidity in my desert enclosures Empty Re: Humidity in my desert enclosures

Post by DolbyR Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 am

I don't measure humidity levels in any of my tanks.
I just provide them with a small capful of water up to 2 times a month (for adult specimens).
For specimens up to 4i, I mist one side of the enclosure and 20-30% of the substrate in each feeding (up to once a week).
Never had problems so far.
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Post by Liocheles Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

yeah, me too. never bother to look up at the humidity., just leave them at dry substrate, sometimes provide them few drop of water using pasteur pipette. molt like a boss. Wink
Liocheles
Liocheles
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by GS Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

It's good to pay attention to specifics, it shows the seriousness in providing optimal care for our scorpions.

As for instances of RH, I'm one of the lazy ones.. didn't bother to measure any humidity of the tank. The recommendation from DolbyR and Liocheles bro will work like a charm Smile

GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by DolbyR Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 pm

GS wrote:It's good to pay attention to specifics, it shows the seriousness in providing optimal care for our scorpions.

True.
But when in comes to RH or Temp, this "specifics" may easily become an overly obsessive focus by the keeper, when other aspects may be left neglected (speaking from personal experience Very Happy ).
DolbyR
DolbyR
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/dolbyr82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down