All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 instar or 7 instar?

2 posters

Go down

6 instar or 7 instar? Empty 6 instar or 7 instar?

Post by Tope Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 pm

i have two h.longi, 1 6i, and 1 4i. my first longi i got was said to be 3i. and i was assuming it turned 6i on aug. 6, 2013. and my 2nd longi turned 4i today. but as i was looking closer on my 4i longi. i noticed it's about the same size of the  3i exoskeleton of my first longi.

6 instar or 7 instar? Img_0212

then it puzzled my mind if my first longi i got was already 4i instead of 3i and turned 7i on aug 6, or the seller was correct that it was still 3i and turned 6i on august 6.

here's the pic and measurement (inches) of my 6i/7i longi and my 4i longi:

6 instar or 7 instar? Img_0312

Tope
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

6 instar or 7 instar? Empty Re: 6 instar or 7 instar?

Post by GS Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi mate,

Thanks for posting your question.

I'm not sure if I got your question correct so do correct me if i'm on the wrong track.

First of all, there can be different growth rates between specimens. Just like humans, some can be tall and skinny while some can be short and fat.. it really depends.

Hence, if you have identify the instar correct in the first place, there is such a possibility that you have a small 4.instar which is lying beside an exoskeleton of belonging to a former 3.instar specimen.

Some questions:

1. You said that you had two longi, what is the date that you have gotten them?

2. The measuring tape.. is the reading in Inch or cm?

Let's assume that the seller was correct in the first place, that the "first longi" was 3i, then the next molt would be 4.instar, never 6.instar.

But don't worry about it, let me know your reply to my questions above, I'll try my best to advice Smile
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Post by Tope Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 pm

i got my first longi, which is said to be 3i, last year, dec 27, 2012. my 2nd longi, got it maybe feb or march, on its 2nd instar. my first longi is now 6i/7i, and my 2nd longi is now 4i.

Tope
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down