All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'(

4 posters

Go down

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( Empty My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'(

Post by markkearneyg Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:30 am

I recently got my baby stigmurus this last nov 29. i brought him home and rehouse him to a cricket keeper. my problem is that my baby stigmurus don't want to eat, I left him 2 lateris but he's ignoring it. it's almost 10 days after the rehousing and he's still his not in the mood of eating those lats. What should I do? I'm afraid that my baby stimurus will die Crying or Very sad . I red an article/topic similar to my problem with same stigmurus problem and I'm afraid God will take him. any helpful advice my fellow hobbyist?? :pale:T.I.A Sad
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( Empty Re: My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'(

Post by yames Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:21 am

I'm sure God doesn't want to take  your scorpion. Can you post a picture maybe he's pre molt and not interested in eating. Also scorpion can fast for fairly long periods of time. 10 days isn't that long to them but a young scorpion not eating usually points to some issue. How are you keeping him? Temps and humidity? On what substrate?
yames
yames

Back to top Go down

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( Empty Re: My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'(

Post by markkearneyg Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 pm

i keep "him" (i know he's a female cause all stigmu are females but i want to call him "him") hehehe i keep him in a small criket keeper maybe its approximately 5x4x3. and i think our temperature here in the philippines is between 25-32c most specially here at NCR (national capital region) where temperature are usually hotter than other provinces. i always keep the substrate wet (not so wet but not so dry) and i provide him a water dish. by the way im using cocopeat ser. TIA for answering my questions Smile (sorry for my bad english) hehehe Smile
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:46 pm

ill post his picture maybe tomorrow or another day. im afraid because i think there is a problem with him, young scorp not eating may point out some issue. Sad omygod Sad
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

It could be a bunch of things.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowfoot Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 pm

ShredderEmp wrote:It could be a bunch of things.
+1
Most of the time it's fairly difficult to tell what's wrong with a sick scorpion except if it's in premolt.
Shadowfoot
Shadowfoot
Scorpion breeder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Pictures would be really useful too.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 am

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( 14744911
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 am

My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( 96938910
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:13 am

GOODNEWS! i already saw him eating 1 lateris about half of his body! hoping for his continuous eating habit Smile
but i got another BadNews i got home last saturday and i saw my nigresence already molted but when i open his enclosure i saw her dead and was infested by mites in his legs part Sad is this because she gt bad molt or is it because of the mites Sad
My baby 4i Stigmurus don't wanna eat :'( 14618110
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 am

Is that the Tityus stigmurus next to the water bowl?

That sucks about your Centruroides nigrescens. I've never had that happen to me but it looks like the mites got him too me.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 am

no it is not my stigmurus. it is the lateris ser. i removed the legs of the lateris so my stigmurus will have no trouble catching his prey.
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by markkearneyg Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:32 am

ya. at first i was glad that my nigrescens molted but when i checked it out closer, the mites are killing her wtf  Shocked  . do you think the mites kill her? or my nigrescens died and then they fed on her? scratch
markkearneyg
markkearneyg
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShredderEmp Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:10 pm

I answered that in my last post.
ShredderEmp
ShredderEmp
3. Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down