All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

All Scorpion Archives
Dear Guest,
please log in to your account.

If you are not a member of All-Scorpion-Archives yet, please take a few minutes to register.

Regards,
-Team ASA-
All Scorpion Archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sudden death of scorpions after moulting

2 posters

Go down

Sudden death of scorpions after moulting Empty Sudden death of scorpions after moulting

Post by Miroslav Saric Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:44 pm

In the last period of few months, I found 0.1.0 T. stigmurus, 0.0.2 H. gentili and 0.0.1 C. gracilis dead after moulting.
All had plenty of space to moult, adequate moisture, and all ate before moulting. 
I did not notice that there is mold in containers, they all were active, they ate well, etc.
Two to three days after molting, I noticed that T. stigmurus and H. gentili are dead, and now C. gracilis is dead too.
I preserved them in 75% ethanol, for morpho-anatomical examination.
Do you have any idea what's going on, maybe I'm wrong in something..? 

Any advice is welcome  Smile
Miroslav Saric
Miroslav Saric
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Sudden death of scorpions after moulting Empty Re: Sudden death of scorpions after moulting

Post by GS Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 am

Hi, there can be a lot of reasons for scorpion deaths. Prob more info on their setup would be useful.

Too much moisture? sufficient air ventilation? temperature? hiding places to reduce their stress in captivity?

Are using this same setup for your other scorpions and yet they are doing well?

Regards.
GS
GS
Administrator

https://www.youtube.com/gsscorpions82

Back to top Go down

Sudden death of scorpions after moulting Empty Re: Sudden death of scorpions after moulting

Post by Miroslav Saric Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:21 pm

All my scorpions have approximately the same living conditions. Containers in which they live, have a perforated lid and ring of holes all the way around the sides. Smaller specimens have about 1-1.5 cm deep peat, intermediate specimens have 3-5 cm deep and adults have 5 cm deep peat.
In each container is one or more bark(s) for the cover, I put bark that is at least two times bigger than the specimen.
Spray with water only part of the container so that the container wall and peat beneath that side is slightly moist (for desert species). All other sapeciments are quite good, they are active, eat fairly well...
Miroslav Saric
Miroslav Saric
Spermatophore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down